This is a list of 101 things that I hope to accomplish in the next 1001 days. I got this amazing idea from Mackenzie at Design Darling, and I couldn’t wait to start my own! Some of these are more personal goals, while some are just fun things that I’ve always wanted to try (or try again.) I have until 2016, so wish me luck!
Start: June 26, 2013
End: March 23, 2016
29 down, 72 to go
1. Think of 101 things. (June 2013) 2. Start a lifestyle blog, and post at least once a week for a year.
3. See every Quentin Tarantino movie. (3/9)
4. Go to the top of the Arch again (I’m from St. Louis).
5. Be able to run 5k.
6. Run an actual 5k.
7. Take a tap class.
8. Finish a bottle of cologne.
9. See every best picture nominee from the 2000s. (57/83)
10. Put away clean laundry the day it gets done 52 times. (15/52)
11. See five concerts. (5/5)
STRFKR, The Head and the Heart, Haim, Major Lazer, Rihanna (!!!)
12. Go to a new state.
13. Write (and hopefully perform) a stand up routine.
14. Go to a beach.
15. Eat at Commander’s Palace. (August 2013)
16. Attend a tennis match.
17. Get a meaningful piece of jewelry.
18. Read all of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novels. (1/5)
19. Go on a romantic picnic.
20. Write (and send) one letter a month for a year.
21. Subscribe to a magazine.
22. Read six memoirs/biographies of people I’m interested in. (1/6)
23. Get a job/internship in a field I’m interested in.
24. Go to a comedy show.
25. Try five new foods. (1/5)
26. Go to a wedding.
27. Read The Diary of Anne Frank.
28. See all of Meryl Streep’s Oscar-nominated performances. (10/17)
Julie & Julia, Adaptation, Kramer vs. Kramer, The Iron Lady, The Devil Wears Prada, Doubt, A Cry in the Dark, Postcards from the Edge, Sophie’s Choice, Music of the Heart
29. See another Broadway show (on Broadway).
30. Keep my floor cleared enough to vacuum. (July 2013) 31. Give up soda. (July 2013)
32. Bowl a 200.
33. Get my mom a really nice Birthday or Christmas gift.
34. Survive Mardi Gras in New Orleans. (March 2014)
35. Send birthday cards to five people freshman year. (2/5)
36. Eat Chinese food out of the carton. 37. Tour a plantation. (October 2013)
38. Give something up for Lent (even though I’m not Catholic!).
39. Consistently read five blogs for a year.
40. Watch a television show from start to finish. 41. See a straight play. (September 2013) 42. Go to a gay bar/club. (September 2013) 43. Eat crawfish. (April 2014)
44. Visit a friend at school.
45. Watch all of James Dean’s movies. (0/3)
46. Learn some French (either take a class or self-taught).
47. Keep a workout routine at school.
48. Buy flowers for someone.
49. Listen to twenty new podcasts. (3/20)
I Seem Fun: The Diary of Jen Kirkman Podcast, You Made It Weird with Pete Holmes, This American Life
50. Go for one month without chewing gum. (August 2013) 51. Go to Pride. (June 2013)
52. Donate to a charity.
53. Start flossing.
54. Go tanning (in a bed).
55. Get a massage.
56. Read 25 books. (7/25)
Gone Girl, The New Jim Crow, The Silver Linings Playbook, The Bell Jar, The Starboard Sea, Never Let Me Go,
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (And Other Concerns),
57. Go to a football game (and try to pay attention!). (August 2013)
58. Write a book.
59. Go to a fancy brunch. (August 2013)
60. Have a karaoke night with friends.
61. Volunteer at a soup kitchen/foodbank. (August 2014)
62. Go to a festival (film or music).
63. Go to an antique store.
64. Write a letter to myself, to be opened on my 25th birthday.
65. Cook something outside my comfort zone.
66. Give someone a really thoughtful, handmade gift.
67. Treat myself to something expensive.
68. Go on a road trip. (July 2014) 69. Ride a bike. (August 2013)
70. See 10 classic movies I’ve never seen. (1/10)
71. Vote in an election.
72. Get food from a food truck. (March 2014)
73. Needlepoint a belt.
74. Write 30 poems. (1/30)
75. Become comfortable with three new accents. (2/3)
76. Get personalized stationery.
77. Get involved with student government.
78. Try yoga/pilates/zumba/etc.
79. Go on a trip with an actual purpose (not just as a tourist!).
80. Go to events for five different Tulane sports. (2/5)
81. Leave a 100% tip. (August 2014)
Learn to use chopsticks. (August 2013) 83. Spend an afternoon at a museum. (August 2013) 84. See a movie in the theatre by myself. (July 2013)
85. Go one week without swearing.
86. Meet someone famous. (February 2o14)
87. Go hiking. (July 2014)
88. Make pasta from scratch.
89. Unsubscribe from 10 email lists. (July 2013)
90. Get a poem published.
91. Be under 200 lbs.
92. Donate blood (again).
93. Lift weights once a week for a year. (6/52)
94. Run a half marathon.
95. Go one week without using Facebook.
96. Go one week without using Twitter.
97. Do 30 Photoshop projects. (1/30)
98. Get paid to do a Photoshop project.
99. Take the Jeopardy (college or otherwise) test.
100. Have a really nice conversation with my mom once a week freshman year.
101. Keep up with this list for the full 1001 days.